I’ve been catching up with a lot of stuff that was posted right after the first of the year… here’s some great stuff I ran across over the last week! Enjoy ~ happy almost-Friday!
1. Rue Magazine showed off this awesome outdoor porch:
2. What’s The Difference Between Dreaming and Starting? Writer Jeff Goins has an answer.
Dreaming is essential, but starting something requires making a decision and taking action. Here’s more from Jeff:
Creativity is the ability to see the theoretical, to imagine endless possibilities. But our creativity can cripple our ability to choose. It can paralyze us with fear or hesitation, causing us to delay the inevitable.
Read the whole thing, then get started!
3. The Ultimate Goth Guide had a request to bring back the “mutual freak nod.”
If two Goths or other dark and unusual types encountered each other in the street, they would acknowledge each other with a nod.
I never really thought it went away! But it’s really just a matter of politeness and acknowledgement. So if I nod to you, you understand.
4. From The Spontaneous Hausfrau: Tangy Tuna and White Bean Salad
A delicious and high-protein lunch!
5. The Healthy Diva shared Paleo Banana Bread
It’s gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and dairy-free! Yippee!
6. 40+ Style had some great ideas for How to Dress for a First Date at 40
I personally am happily attached, but I think the ideas are great for date nights, even if you’re NOT single!
Be sure to read all the way through ~ some of the comments have awesome tips, as well!
7. Via Boing Boing: Create Your Own My Little Pony
Oh, dear. This is a weird and silly ~ and totally fun ~ time-waster! :-D
8. How About Orange alerted us to these cute Five Free Fonts
Enjoy! I think they’re wonderful!
9. Joanna of The Creative Penn wonders if your website is hurting your writing?
WOW, is all I can say about some of those author websites. Get with the times, folks! Or pay someone to get with it for you! It’s crucial to have a website that is easy to navigate and looks fresh and clean. If you can’t do it yourself, use a professional. There are many fantastic designers out there who can help you find your way.
10. Finally, Say it With Sprinkles make us drool with these Lemon Cupcakes.
Lemon = the happiest bit of sunshine you can eat.
11. BONUS! If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s becoming one of my most-clicked-on posts: 10 Things NOT to Say to an Unemployed Person
On that note, I’m off to spread sunshine in other realms. Have a wonderful day!
What are some great things you’ve seen this week?
Got any fun plans for the weekend??