If you find yourself suffering from unbalanced, oily, blemished skin, it can be frustrating to find natural or homemade cures. Tea tree oil is one excellent solution for clearing up pimples. However, another solution that you might already have in your kitchen is apple cider vinegar.
As I’ve talked about before, using a toner after cleansing your face can help to control excess oil and breakouts while keeping your skin super-clean and fresh. But you don’t need to spend a lot of money on store-bought toners or those with extra ingredients. In fact, one ingredient is usually all you need!
Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance, which can help it to stay even, clear, and blemish-free even during sweaty summer months. It also exfoliates and purifies your skin, making it the perfect revitalizing skin toner.
As always, it’s best to use organic and raw apple cider vinegar, such as Bragg’s, which can be found in almost any natural food store.
Stuff to Know:
- If your skin is also sensitive, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water.
- Spot test any products or ingredients before using any homemade products on your face, head, or body, especially if you have sensitive skin or are prone to irritation and/or allergies.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner for Oily or Blemished Skin
- 1 Tbsp. organic, raw apple cider vinegar
- Remove all makeup first.
- Apply a small amount of apple cider vinegar to a cotton pad.
- Using small, circular movements, apply the apple cider vinegar to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. Avoid the eye area.
- Allow the toner to dry on your face.
- Apply moisturizer or face cream afterward, as needed.
Have you ever used apple cider vinegar in your beauty routine?
Do you use apple cider vinegar in your cooking or baking?