If you’re in the US, you might be gearing up for a long weekend ~ if so, I hope you’ll be doing something fun. Around here, we’re just hoping the weather stays beautiful so we can get outside for some biking or hiking. Nothing too crazy, just some peaceful good times.
Happy Thursday! Enjoy this week’s picks from around the web!
1. From GalleyCat, 10 Pinterest boards for book lovers
A personal fave pinner to follow is the ever-creative (and San Fran local) Chronicle Books.
2. More.com brought us outfit tips for those who work from home.
The article is geared toward home-based entrepreneurs, who might see clients during the day or have last-minute lunches. However, some of the advice applies to those like me (and some of you!) who currently write, edit, design, program, etc. for a living and could feasibly not even leave bed all day. Ahem.
I definitely believe in a look good, feel good philosophy and make sure to dress for work every day, even if I don’t even need to leave the house. Being dressed, blow-dried, and with (very) simple makeup, I feel professional and sharp ~ which I believe translates in my ultimate ability to work well throughout the day.
3. Modern Mexican home design, via Houzz.
I have a deep and abiding love of Mexican designs, colors, and homes like this. I love all of it, but particularly this colorful, rustic kitchen!
4. From the Wall St. Journal: Anatomy of a Tearjerker
By analyzing Adele’s “Someone Like You,” this article presents a fascinating analysis of what makes a song give you the chills and make you cry. Media clips and song samples included. So interesting!
5. A crash course, via Wordplay: A Writer’s Guide to Punctuation
Including the oft-quoted reminder from F. Scott Fitzgerald:
An exclamation mark is like laughing at your own jokes.
But my own jokes are funny! Seriously!!!
6. Crazy Sexy Life reminds us that financial freedom is sexy.
Guest blogger Karie Hill, a financial coach for women, says that getting rid of “money noise” can improve ALL areas of your life. She also says:
When you heal your relationship with money, you live in a place of financial peace. Your relationships will improve, you’ll have more sex, dress better, eat healthier and look sexier.
Click through for the rest. Good info!
7. The Write Practice told us about the three movements in every love story.
Is Pride and Prejudice (with or without zombies) the best love story ever? Perhaps. Yes, indeed, it just might be.
Excellent tips here for anyone who writes ~ or who wants to write ~ love stories.
8. Did you read my post about juicing? FitSugar had some great tips on what to do with leftover juice pulp.
I love the idea of making fruit leather! I wonder what kale/chard/celery/cucumber/apple leather would taste like?
9. Make your own fairies in a jar, via Peace of Cake (via BoingBoing):
I can’t wait for summertime and barbeques and fairy jars.
10. Finally, Apartment Therapy had some supercute ideas for DIY bird feeders.
Remember: birds eat even when it’s snowing and raining outside! :-)
That’s all for now! Exclamation marks galore! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
What are some great things you’ve seen this week?
Got any fun plans for the weekend??